Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What do you want to do before you die?


Day 12: Improve my people skills. Today I had to interview people at my University's Career Fair. I have conducted a few interviews in my day including teachers, principals, students, even the mayor, but today I interviewed employers. Although I was simply doing my journalism homework, I was practicing people skills and being confident. It was a good experience regardless of how trivial it might have been.
Project Happiness: I watched an episode of The Buried Life, a new series on MTV. The show is named after a poem by Matthew Arnold, called "The Buried Life." Unlike the other reality shows on MTV full of promiscuous, problemed people, this show focuses on four guys checking off items on their list of things to do before they die. The show is funny and light-hearted while being serious and touching. At the end of every show, they ask "What do you want to do before you die?"

Answer this for me. Send it to me or don't. Doesn't matter to me even though I'd love to know. What matters is that you live your life like you were dying.
"It is important to think about life and death because it changes your prospective," Duncan said from 'The Buried Life.' Pictured about are the boys from the show. Photo courtesy of MTV.com

No comments:

Post a Comment