Friday, February 5, 2010

Day Six and Seven

Day Seven Friday, Feb. 5, 2010

Improvement: my attitude towards the snow.

It helps that I don't have Friday classes, but I did leave the warmth of Theta today for a meeting on campus. (Click on this link to see beautiful winter photos of campus). Not only did I not complain about the recent downfall of snow, I said something positive. I mean it is pretty 'n all.

Day Six
Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010

Improvement: Going out of my comfort zone. I was invited to Young Life College, which would usually be something I'd go to without convincing, but lately I have just been in this mood that has made it hard for me to get out of the house. Sadly, I was just in a mood where I didn't want to do anything anytime. I have avoided getting dolled up and going out. Thankfully I have wonderful friends that told me to go and how much fun it was going to be. One friend went over and beyond an invitation; Maria Zielinski said she would swing by and pick me up (with Starbucks in hand to boot). This made my evening and got me out of room and out into the real world. Thank you, Maria. After that I was invited to a Theta Bible Study and I hit up that, too. I was all over town at this point. Friends picked me up and we hit up the dorms for some game playing and good laughs. The night ended with a sweet as documentary and good friends.

Project Happiness: I played a new game called Things with new friends. The game ended with some outrageous laughs. I also watched a wake boarding documentary, which I thought would be interesting, but had no idea how much I would love it. It was about Parks Bonifay, who is an incredible wakeboarder that started skiing at a world record age of six months old. Sounds like a hoax, but it's not. Check it out! Click on any of those links to see more about the game or Bonifay.

No comments:

Post a Comment