Sunday, February 21, 2010

C words: CDs and coloring books

Day 23: Sunday, Feb. 21

Improvement: My CD collection.

After Walmart didn't have Ke$ha's new album Animal, I was extremely bummed. Thankfully Best Buy had it beacause Ann Kincaid, Anna Krattli and I rocked out to it today in the car. Now, we know to brush our teeth a bottle of Jack Daniels and dance until our pants fall off. Yes, I love Kesha.

The last CD I bought was seven plus years ago. I am almost positive it was Blink 182's "Take Your Pants Off and Jacket." It was my favorite CD back then and still is on my top ten nearly a decade later.

Day 22: Saturday, Feb. 20

Improvement: Being a child again

My friend Matt and I spent an afternoon at Border's Bookstore. I read Shel Silverstien's The Giving Tree in my teacher voice to him.

It is a good book, but check out this guy. He must have really liked the book. (Photo courtesy of Hubpages.com).

On top of a day spent at the bookstore, Matt, Ann Kincaid and I went to three different stores in search of the perfect coloring book, which we found no worries. As we cheered the Jayhawks onto victory over Colorado, we colored beautiful pictures to relive our childhood.

Being childish is a speciality of mine. There is something about the 96 box of Crayola crayons that brings me pure joy.

Day 21: Friday, Feb. 19

Improvement: My party guest etiquette.

I made sure to be a good party guest at Craig Dawson's housewarming party. It was a blast. I brought some delicious dip and beverages. Nothing is quite like a house party, and I am so glad to have fun friends to spend a Friday night with. Oh and I just also taught myself how to spell 'etiquette' correctly. Go me.

Day 20: Thursday, Feb. 18

Improvement: Being a caregiver

I have to say I love my job as a nanny for the four-month-old Livia. It is the part of my day where I can talk to someone and not worry about them judging me or talking back (at all). Haha. Thanks, Livia.

Everyone should have a baby that they get to talk to, play with, hold, let fall asleep in their arms, and even change their dirty diapers. It is quite a rewarding experience. (Note: it can be someone else's precious baby. I am by no means wanting to increase the number of people knocked up around here).

No comments:

Post a Comment