Wednesday, February 3, 2010

F is for F@@*

Day Five: Improvement: today is about the other F word. No not F@#*, people come on. Today I am talking about food. [Insert deep saddening sigh here]. Food is my weakness. Obviously, has anyone seen in me a swimsuit lately? Exactly; that’s why I am having less of this F word too.

Like yesterday’s facebook improvements, I am not putting a limit on my food intake per say, but finding ways to have less of it. First of all, I have started a food journal. For the last three days I have written everything I have consumed – food or beverage. Writing everything down has kept me from having a second helping of rice or even touching sweets. The guilt I feel writing down that I had spinach dip with my healthy carrots is reason enough for me to stay clear of fatty foods for now.

Education is key, too. Educating myself about nutrition has been the second step to healthier eating habits. Finding fun facts about food and what I can or can’t eat to lose weight has been helpful. Please feel free to join me on my journey to a better me. Take a pledge to be healthy. Start a food journal, clean out your pantry, or visit a nutritionist. I am obviously no expert, but here is my declaration of a beginning. Today I begin to eat better, eat less and most importantly live a healthier lifestyle.

One less F word for me.

Happiness Factor

Now that I'm chronically hungry, it is a little harder to find happiness, but I do it everyday! To make me happy today I talked at the study abroad fair with Kate August, a fellow Theta who studied in Italy this past June with me. I love talking about Italy and today was about convincing others to embark on the same adventure I took. I couldn't rave about my experiences enough. Go study abroad, go do anything abroad! I loved it.

Kate and I by the statue of Benevenuto Cellini(June 2009)
Kate and I standing on the Ponte Vecchio.

No comments:

Post a Comment