Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day Four of 100 Day Challenge


Today, Feb. 2, is Day Four and already today something major has happened.

Improvement of the Day: I have decided to use the F Word less.

No not F@#*-- the F word guys, Facebook. I use visit this site too often and precious moments of my life are wasted spent looking at pictures, profiles and people's status updates. I know for a fact I am not the only one would should use the F word less. This social network website has over 350 million users.

In numbers that means every person that lives in the United States, Canada and Australia have a Facebook (considering no one else in the world does, which obviously is not true). But take a moment and think about this, every single American, Canadian and Australian person having a Facebook. The reason I choose these countries is because first off, their populations added together nearly add up to exactly 350 million people, the same number of Facebook users. Secondly, being an American helps us wrap our minds around the numbers. Also, these three countries are the second, third and sixth largest countries (by size) in the world.Your welcome, you are now informed not only about the number of Facebook users, but also the population and size rankings of three wonderful countries.

Using Facebook less is today's improvement. I will be honest I'm not putting a limit on my facebook usage because that would be unrealistic. Instead I have taken steps to help myself use the F word less. The New York Times has replaced Facebook as my homepage on my Mac. Google has become my default browser on my Blackberry. Yes, facebook has been my default website on both my laptop and my smart phone for over a year now. It is time to realize that there is better things out there in the World Wide Web, and heck, maybe even the real world.

I wasn't kidding when I say everyone is on Facebook. Here is Facebook's oldest network user, Ivy Bean. She recently celebrated her 104th Birthday and posted about her party on Facebook. Thanks Google for the picture and information.

Here's to getting off Facebook and getting out into the real world. Life may too short to spend time too much time on a website, but I guess not for Ivy.

No comments:

Post a Comment