Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Google for Good Information

As my trip quickly approaches, I am here waiting patiently at my computer for my flight. Yes, I still have a few days, but I am getting so excited.

Many of you may know that Kiwi's (name for people of New Zealand) speak with a different accent and often times use different words. So, I have taken the liberty to look up some New Zealand slag.

This here website was quite educational. I am laughing as I read most of these. I thought about practicing some of them, but I just laughed thinking of what to type. Here is another funny website.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I do. I'm learning a lot already. Not all too clean though.

Also I heard there are more sheep than people in New Zealand. True? I'm not sure. Guess I will have to do some research while I am there.

I did some online searching. Know that if you google "New Zealand sheep population," many worried blogs and news reports come up speaking of the dwindling sheep population. Oh no!

"From the early 1980s, when NZ was home to over 70 million sheep, the population has declined to around 39 million in 2008. This means the oft-quoted statistic, that NZ has 20 sheep for each human, is wrong! Nowadays it's only about 9 to 1. This decline hasn't stopped NZ from cornering 50% of all international trade in sheepmeat. " - http://www.emigratenz.org/ReallyAndTruly.html

Thank you internet for always educating me.

Unfortunately, I did do some research about NZ and come to find out the weather is not too hot right now. Literally. It is about fifty-sixty, which is not too bad. However, it is rainy and 80% chance it will be raining my first three days that I am there. That is unfortunate. Let's hope the weather clears up soon or at least doesn't rain all day.

NEW UPDATE: Tsunami warning in New Zealand because of an earthquake in the ocean. Dear Lord, please keep New Zealand save for my travels and the safety of everyone, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment