Friday, September 18, 2009

"What are you doing??"

Speaking of, everyone is asking “What are you doing?” Meaning, “Sarah Weaver, what the heck are you doing with your life? Why aren’t you at KU this year? Why are your facebook statues full of things like.. ‘on the beach in Southern California,’ ‘eating crab chowder in San Fransico,’ ‘float trip in Phoenix, AZ,’ WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE???”

What I Am Doing With My Life (as of now): Right now I am in what I call transition meaning I am able to pick up with the phone at three in the morning and then pack up my car to Chicago at a drop of a hat. This transition period means I am waiting until I leave for my next BIG trip.

Earlier this year, I applied for an Adventure Bible School in New Zealand through a school called Capernwray. So, I fly to Auckland, New Zealand on Oct 2 for a six week program. Before leaving for Capernwray, I will be visiting Kailey in Santa Barbara for a week.

So, to answer the famous question, “What about college?” The plan is to return to the University of Kansas in the spring. Meaning, January 14, 2010, I should be moving into Lawrence for good to have another go at getting that valued piece of paper, also known as a degree. Because of some community college I have under my belt, I will still be on track to graduate in four years just like society pressures us to do. Happy? I sure am! Know that plans can always change, but I am excited about this plan.

The last four months, I have been to over forty-five cities, fourteen states, nine countries, and two continents. So, you could say I have done some traveling. Thankfully, the traveling is not going to end soon either. I reckon I will be non-stop until my birthday, January 13th. The only reason I will be stopping then is because KU classes stop the next day.

This is an amazing time in my life and I will never forget all the things I have seen, all the things I have done, and all the wonderful people I have met. I definitely feel incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to do all that I am doing. My hope is to never forget how wonderful the world really is. I will continue to embark on adventures everyday of my life regardless if I am studying in Kansas or jumping out of planes in Spain. It doesn’t matter if you are on-the-go or in a time of stationary life. What matters is how you treat everyday and what you create with the time you are given.

No comments:

Post a Comment