Monday, September 28, 2009

If you didn't receive the E-mail

Hello everyone!

This is a little hello from your long lost friend. I am still alive and well. And for those of you who have been keeping up with my summer through my European travels and cross-country road trips, I am still on the move.

I want to take this time to thank each and everyone of you for being a part of my life. For me, life has been a non-stop adventure, and I've been embarking on many journeys lately. Thankfully, I have people like you to share my life with. Unfortunately, I have not been able to see or speak with many of you in a long time. Thanks to technology and it now being 2009, we have group e-mails, blogs, photo importing and much much more. Now, I'm not the best at keeping up with everything and everyone, but I wanted to do my best with a big e-mail.

This very moment, I am at my parent's house in Overland Park, Kansas. However, I leave again soon. This week, I will fly all across the country and the world! On Wednesday, I fly to Los Angeles to visit my friend Kailey VanderBaan and see her new home in Santa Barbara. On Friday, I fly to Auckland, New Zealand, where I will be for the next few months.

Starting October 12th, I will be participating in a six-week Adventure Bible School (ABS) program through Capernwray Bible School. To learn more about it, feel free to visit their website: http://www.capernwray.org.nz/page/capernwray_5.php. Click on the ABS link to learn about my specific program. I will be traveling after the program ends and even making my way over to the "Western Island," (a.k.a. Australia). I'll be gone a total of 75 days or so. I have a return flight to LAX on December 12. What adventures are to follow that date are still up in the air.

So, yes, I am taking a semester off from KU. I miss the University of Kansas and the lovely town of Lawrence, as well as, all my beloved friends there. If things go as planned, I will return to my studies and being a Jayhawk in January with the start of the spring semester.

I attempt to blog about my travels and such at my blog: http://sarahdweaver.blogspot.com. Click Here to visit it and feel free to comment often. I appreciate all the responses I receive.

My hope is that all of you are doing well. Feel free to e-mail me any time. I would love to hear about your lives and adventures. To the families I miss babysitting for, please send pictures of your little ones. I am sure they are all so grown up since I have seen you last.
I look forward to being back in the spring and seeing all of you. Now, as winter comes your way think of me basking in the sun in the Southern Hemisphere. Oh, I am just teasing, but in all reality, I am entering spring time and summer soon after as I travel Down Under, which I am truly excited about.
Write often and I will do my best to reply even more. Now, if e-mail is too high-tech for you, here is a physical address where I can receive good old snail mail until Thanksgiving:
Capernwray Bible School
P.O. Box 702
3450
Cambridge
NEW ZEALAND

Thank you all again for being so wonderful to me. I hope to hear from you all. Let me know if you want to be subscribed to my blog. I can put your e-mail on a list, so that you don't even have to visit my blog to read my entries. However, the blog is pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Also, there is a link on my blog connecting you to my facebook albums (even if you aren't hip enough to have a facebook or cool enough to be my fb friend), where you can see some beautiful pictures from my exciting summer.

Enjoy the beautiful fall weather and I hope to hear from you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment