Monday, September 14, 2009

Full of Surprises

I successfully surprised Lauren Callison for the second time this year. The first time was when I flew to Spokane, Washington in April this year unannounced. That was an amazing trip.

I love surprises. And I really love surprising Lauren. This trip was super spontaneous and random. Yesterday Marsh and I hopped on the train from Naperville and caught the L with the brown line. Yup, I felt really cool using public transportation in Chicago. I love public transportation. Heck, that could be its own blog entry. Maybe someday it will be...

Back to surprising Lauren. I called her cute roommate Carly. I think being cute is one of Lauren's requirements for her friends because look at all her friends... Jenn and Megan from high school are gorgeous. Then here at Moody Bible School you have Braylen, who is hot, let's be honest. Then there's all the girls she lived with in Spokane; they are all beautiful. Dang it. I do not what to say about Lauren's friend picking other than - dang girl. Haha.

So, we call Carly and not only is she cute but very courteous. She met us outside the train stop, walked us up to Lauren who was a tad stressed out by the sound of it. Lauren questioned what Carly was doing and Carly told her she had a surprise for her. From the staircase, Marsh and I could hear the conversation. I hear Lauren say, "I don't want a surprise. I don't like surprises."

I laugh and enter the room by saying, "I hope you like this surprise." She was all up in arms. "You guys..." She was so shocked and hopefully, super excited. I know she is excited that we surprised her. Braylen was just as shocked when Marsh and I walked up to his dorm room. It is wonderful to see him.

Today was a really good day and there is so much to share, but Lauren and I have to go to bed early tonight because we have class and chapel in the morning. I am excited to check out the school a bit more and see what Lauren's life is like here.

No comments:

Post a Comment