Friday, September 25, 2009

Anxious

I am getting super anxious to go to New Zealand. I packed tonight and put it all in my pack to make sure I did a good job. It’s not too heavy! I’m sure after lugging it around New Zealand, I will disagree with that comment. However, I have been really proud of my ability to say, “Sarah, you do not need this,” and I listen and put it away. So, I will most likely be looking quite frumpy and not so fabulous, but that’s okay.

Last week, I spent some time in the Barnes and Noble looking at New Zealand guide books trying to plan some super sweet stuff to do and see while I am there. Fortunately, I have eight days before I have to be back at the airport in Auckland to be shuttled over to the Capernwray cabins or whatnot. Eight days may sound like a lot, but I am sure they will fly by before I know what I even did.

Some things on my list are wild and adventurous while over are things like sit on the coastline. It is spring in New Zealand, but I doubt it will be bikini weather, but you never know.

I’m in Lawrence now visiting some of my friends. Tonight I hung out with some Young Life leaders and had a blast being girly: gossiping and giggling. It is great to be reminded what fun being in one place is like. I miss my friends and living a normal life (one not consumed by jet setting and craziness, even though that is some of the most fun things to do). What I am trying to say is: I am so anxious to go to New Zealand and happy to have a wonderful home to return to. Life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment