Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Days Just Keep Coming as Do the Improvements

Day 57: Saturday March 27

Improvement: Mac Knowledge. Today I looked up Mac keyboard shortcuts so that I could better use my Mac - something I do nearly every day. Now I can do things faster and more efficiently. Yes. I am a huge nerd and even read Mac Life magazine today. Friends Check? Still there?? Hope so.

Day 56: Friday March 26

Improvement: Memory. Today I finished scrap-booking all the photos I have printed out pre-European adventure. This may sound lame to some, but I feel great about finally finishing. It is good to flip through all the memories and look at what a great life I have had. Makes me thankful. Mostly I am just thankful to be done. Scrap-booking is somewhat of a nightmare. Digital scrapbooks here I come.

Day 55: Thursday March 25

Improvement: Said Yes. Although I woke up tired for my journalism class this morning I learned the power of Nike's "Just Do It" campaign last night. Now I know the idea of being a "Yes, ma'am kind of person," could improve a lot of aspects of life. For one, people need to learn to say yes to helping others, having fun and getting the most out of time.

Last night instead of saying, "No, I can't go. I have an 8 AM tomorrow," I said, "Yes" to going to an improv comedy show at the Barrel House. My friend Hannah invited Sam Spurlock and I to watch KU's student comedy group preform. I couldn't be happier that I said yes instead of my first instinctive "No thanks." It was good to get out of the house and even better to bond with my sisters, especially over a good laugh or two.


Day 54: Wednesday March 24

Improvement: Get Schooled. I enrolled in Intermediate/Advanced Photoshop at the Lawrence Arts Center. After doing a news feature story on students taking classes at the LAC, I decided it was time to stop thinking about being better at Adobe Photoshop and time to be better. I loved the two hours I spent learning more about the program. With the extremely small class, I was able to receive lots of teacher attention and learn a ton! I can't wait to see how much I learn in next eight weeks. I once heard that "Creatively likes company," and I think I found some.

Day 53: Tuesday March 23

Improvement: Ventured to the Library. Today was full of small improvements. I finally made a move to study with the cute guy in my class. (I doubt he will ever see this, so I only feela little weird mentioning how attractive he is on a public website). Improvement number two is that I studied really hard for my Politics midterm. Three, I studied at the library and one of the libraries on campus that I never venture to. Not only was it great to study with Mr. Political Hottie but also a change from my normal coffee shop study spot. All in all, it was good to for me to put myself out there and hopefully if all else fails, I didn't fail my politics midterm.

Day 52: Monday March 22

Improvement: Jumped into School Mode. I did an assignment that wasn't due for another week. It was surprising how good it felt to work ahead and not procrastinate. Maybe I'll start not procrastinating tomorrow.

Day 51: Sunday March 21

Improvement: Baked a Cake (and shared). I know I have made fun-fetti cake before but never red velvet. I evened pulled the cake out of the pan to set on a plate to ice the sides. I then took it to a meeting to share. Oh, the lesson of sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment