Monday, April 5, 2010

Where did time go?

Day 66: Monday April 5

Improvement: No tears. Today has been super rough academically. I have papers I'm avoiding and tests to study for. Instead of putting things off and being upset about it, I will be positive and finish everything I need to do. Plus, I enrolled for next fall and as of now, don't have class on Thursdays or Fridays! Things are looking up already.

Day 65: Sunday April 4

Improvement: My Love for Jesus. Easter Sunday was full of family fun. Church service was really great. We even had an adult Easter egg hunt (me being the youngest cousin in attendance) ! I realized how lucky I am to have such a fun family. I enjoyed the weekend a lot!

Day 64: Saturday April 3

Improvement: Plate making. My cousin's bridal shower was today and we made plates at Ceramics Cafe. Usually when it comes to arts and crafts I stress out and worry it won't look good. From all this worrying, it does just that - doesn't look good. Today I went in with a different attitude - try hard but worry much less. My plate was a work of art if I can say so myself. I can't wait to see the final project.

Day 63: Friday April 2

Improvement: My relationship with my Grandma. My Grandma Ruth came up to Lawrence today. It was a blast! We shopped and went out to eat. I had such a nice time with her. I'm so glad she made the trip out to Lawrence. Nothing quite like family.

Day 62: Thursday April 1

Improvement: Kept my Chin Up. I thought I would never get through this week. It was full of late nights of studying and early mornings full of classes and to-do's. But I made it. Plus, I did something fun every night this week and Easter is this weekend!

Day 61: Wednesday March 31

Improvement: Learning that donating can be fun. KU Dance Marathon had a Benefit Concert at the Granada. Although I was tired from my late nights before, I decided to listen to my say-yes mentality and attend the concert. The money went to kids with cancer and I had a great time.

Day 60: Tuesday March 30

Improvement: H2O. Today I made a point to drink lots and lots of water. Be Hydrated.

Day 59:
Monday March 29

Improvement: Vocabulary. In a society full of texting and facebook messages, our vocabulary has gone out the window. Today I made a point to widen my vocabulary and to not use slang. It is as important to sound smart as it is to be smart.

Day 58: Sunday March 28

Improvement: Acting like a 'real' college student. Late night studying. Coffee shops at 3am. Procrastinating. Fun dates. These are all things I find a part of the 'real' college experience and I love it. After two cups of coffee and some flirting with a cute boy at a local coffee shop, I knocked out an awesome paper Sunday night/Monday morning. Sometimes there's nothing like the college life.

No comments:

Post a Comment