Sunday, April 11, 2010

Less than 30 days left!

Day 72: Sunday March 11

Improvement: Enjoying the moment. Today was a beautiful day spent making breakfast, ("Toast Toast Toast Toast Toast, Ever'Body!!! Toast...") then going out to lunch with Theta Sisters, Elizabeth Werner, Sam Spurlock and Julia Valentine. Sam and I stopped by Alex's softball game to cheer him on- kind of. Then I had a lovely Theta dinner at Debbie's house. This evening was spent running between Theta and Sigma Chi between KUnited Meetings and a candle lighting ceremony.

For those of you that don't know, KUnited is a collision running for student senate. Elections are THIS WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY and I am running for Freshman/Sophomore College of Liberal Arts and Science Representative (long title that simply means - I rock). And for those of you that don't know about a candle lighting ceremony, it is a celebration of engagement. Meaning someone in my house is now engaged. A candle is lit and passed around the circle a couple of times and the person that is now engaged blows it out. It is a precious way to find out a sister is not engaged. Congratulations!

Ah, love is in the air...

Day 71: Saturday March 10

Improvement: Laundry Skills. I did laundry at Theta for the first time. There's a first time for everything... even laundry. Big Day.

Day 70: Friday March 9

Improvement: Showing up. I had told my T.A. that I was coming in to see him Friday at one. I was there promptly on time and he was not. Moral of the story: don't say you will be somewhere and not be there.

Day 69: Thurs. March 8

Improvement: Classes Cancelled. This may not be a personal improvement, but having two of my three classes cancelled definitely improved my day. I spent more time watching little Livia and less time sitting in class. I even volunteered some time at the KUnited table on the hill. It was a beautiful day.

Day 68: Wednesday March 7

Improvement: Study Study Study . I studied so incredibly hard for my Comparative politics midterm today. Studying paid off because I got an A!!!! I couldn't be more proud of myself.

Day 67: Tuesday March 6

Improvement: Sticking to my word. I signed up to table for KUnited and even though I wanted to spend my one free hour during the day doing other things, I tabled because that's what I said I would do. As a busy college student, it is easy to sign up for things and then not show up, but it is important to me a woman of my word. I did just that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment