Monday, April 19, 2010

Less Than Twenty Days Left

Day 86: Sunday April 25

Improvement: Theta Love. It's 11am, I'm laying in bed telling myself to get up for the day because we have Theta Business all day and Greek Awards tonight. Well, as they always say... "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, be a little girl that flies a kite." Very true. Theta Love.

Day 85: Sat April 24

Improvement: Bowling skills. This is a lie. I'm a horrible bowler, but I did get a strike! I'm so thankful to a have a fun group of friends who randomly go bowling at 11pm and play Pictionary on table clothes and dance around the alley with me.

Day 84: Friday April 23
.
Improvement: Dress Up. With so many fun places to shop in Lawrence, it was awesome looking for outfits for my Viva Las Vegas party (which, yes was later that evening). Alex was a true sport and let me pick whatever I wanted for him to try on at Wild Man, a vintage store on Mass.

Alex ended up with a cut-off t-shirt with Dolphins on it, short shorts, a denim fanny-pack, mullet wig with a red, white and blue sweatband- making him the not only the best boyfriend ever and the best date ever, but the best looking guy at Viva (my opinion being biased, of course, but most likely the best opinion).

I went to Viva dressed as Kesha, while Alex was the guy from one of Kesha's music videos. (Watch this and check out the guy in the car - yup, that's my boyfriend). Not only did we look good, but we had a good time. I am so glad we went all out with our costumes. I couldn't have asked for a party date party.

Day 83: Thurs April 22

Improvement: My Love for Lawrence. Tonight I went on one of the best dates. We ate at the delectable Paisanos and then Alex surprised me with an adventure out to Wells Lookout. I didn't know this even existed. You could see all of Lawrence from this 20-something feet tall tower. It was wonderful. Although I often wish my life would have taken me to some exotic destination for university, tonight I was thankful to be right where I am right now.

Day 82: Wed April 21

Improvement: My art gallery. Tonight I printed off one my favorite New Zealand photos, a view of Lake Wanaka that makes me wish I could dive into the photo Mary Poppins- style and be right back to where I once was. In my photoshop class, I printed off a 17-by-13-inch print of it. I can't wait to get it framed.

Day 81: Tuesday April 20

Improvement: Final Cut skills. Thanks to Mike Lavieri, I learned something new about the wonderful world of Final Cut.

Day 80: Monday April 19

Improvement: Enjoy the Outdoors. Spring time is here and I love it. Today I sat outside and did homework.

Day 79: Sunday April 18

Improvement: My wardrobe. Materialism is something that has come and gone in my life. After backpacking Europe and the Southern Hemisphere, I found myself with little to no clothes (Europe will do that to ya). Instead of rushing to the Gap and J.Crew when I returned home, I felt as though I didn't need "things" as much anymore. This is true. However, in the world we live in today and the fact that I'm not only a college girl but yes a sorority girl, I was in major need of some clothes. Thankfully, my mother loves me and took me shopping. We did a great job. I now have clothes and can attempt to look like I care again.

Day 78: Saturday April 17

Improvement: Relationship with my Mom. Every year Mid-April the shops of Lawrence are filled with beautiful young people accompanied by their lovely mothers. Later in the day, the bars are then filled with these same beautiful young people and what some may call "cougars" but what whom we call "Mom." It's that time of year again, MOM'S DAY!!! This year was especially great. My Mom has always been a big part of my life, but lately she has become something more than a mother, a dear friend. I am thankful to have her around, especially so close. Yes, I like that I go to college less than an hour away from my Mom. Love you, Mom.

Day 77: Friday April 16

Improvement: Hosting a friend. The lovely Madeline Rivard flew in from Milwaukee. Her visit was incredible. It proved that friendship can stand the test of time and fly thousands of miles to prove it. Maddie and I met nearly three years ago in Summer of 2007 at Castaway Young Life Camp in Minnesota. I showed her around KU and as I did I remembered why I love it here so much. Thank you Maddie, I hope you loved it as much as I do.

Day 76: Thursday April 15

Improvement: Accomplishing Something. Success. I won my Senate Seat today after an all-nighter, a sun burn and a serious case of dehydration. It was worth every ounce of sleep deprivation and minor break down. I realize I haven't ever really ran for anything this out of my control. Usually if I compete for something it is up to my ability, not depending on others to vote for me. This was a hard week and such a rewarding end to it. Plus, the best part of the end of the evening... Maddie Rivard arrived!!!

Day 75:
Wednesday April 14

Improvement: My Tan. I was on campus from 7am to at least 7pm. I got a killer tan and locked in a good number of votes for myself and KUnited. From this one day, I have a dramatic Rainbow tan (a flip flop tan on my feet) - my first of the semester. Hello Summer... Only 25 days.

Day 74: Tuesday April 13

Improvement: Fullest Day Ever. I can't believe I survived. Tuesdays always have five classes but today I had class, homework assignments and elections starting tomorrow. I spent my evening at Phi Psi for our KUnited Work Night preparing for campaigning the next two days. I pulled an all-nighter - my first of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment