Monday, June 1, 2009

Finalamente, in Firenze

Ciao! I made it. Si, mamma dont call again. I am fine.

Where to begin...
Thursday morning we arrived in Dublin around 8 a.m. and we were smart enough to find a bus to take us to the West coast (opposite coast of Dublin) to the town of Galway. Galway was amazing and fun. There were tons of people in this little town because of the Volvo Ocean Race. This is a sailing race across the world. Everyone should check it out. I now want to sail. Basically, this is my problem: everytime I see something cool or extreme, I am like "Oh, I want to do that now." Haha. We shall see what I get into. Our first night we were back at our hostel, The Galway Hostel, before 9p.m. because we were so jet lag and tired.

The man that we saw playing guitar and the drums on the street was sleeping in our dorm at the hostel. At 8a.m. he walked in with a 6pack and cracked open a beer. Gross. Hannah saw him in his tighty whities. Double Gross.

The hostel was interesting but probably one of my favorite places we stayed thus far. We met these fabulous red heads, Jorie and Laura from U of Vermont. They told us where to stay in Dublin which was great.



Friday we jumped on a bus to Dublin pretty early in the morning. I had an hour and a half of aweful sleep on that bus. When we arrived in Dublin, we found Litton Lane Hostel. Thanks to Jorie's recomendations and a nice Irish man's directions. At Litton Lane, we got an appartment for the four of us, which was cool. We walked a nice long walk to the Guiness Factory for a tour, which was informative and interesting. It ended with a free Guiness in the Gravity Bar, which is a 360 glass bar at the top of the factory that over looks all of Dublin. What a gorious place. I was so impressed by the view. Guiness, not so much. Kidding.


After a nice long walk back to the appartment we all crashed unintentionally for an hour or so. Then we got ready to go out on the town. We first hit up the Temple Bar. Right when we walked in within minutes, we were being called over by a group of men, who by chance were ITALIAN! I think we underestimated the blonde hair. They were all about 30 or so and were visiting their Irish friend, Bryan. The night was great. We stuck with them all night long because they were so funny and kind. We left the Temple Bar to find an authentic Irish bar. Bryan took us to some fancy bar. I got in with Tyler, no problem. Turned around to see a small uproar at the door. The Italian men did not have nice enough shoes to enter, so we had to leave. It was super fancy and Bryan said some famous Irish people are seen there. We went to a 'real' Irish bar for a which was fun, but nothing special.

On our way back to the Temple Bar, music caught our attention and we went into this leget Irish pub. As we all dance around the bar to "His Kiss," we were told to go upstairs. To our surprise, there was a live Irish folk bank playing and tons of people. This was about midnight if not 1a.m. Thus everyone was fun! We had a great time dancing and singing to the songs we didnt know. I have a video of them playing "Galway Girl" by Sharon Shannon. Yes, this is the song from P.S. I LOVE YOU. True.


Well that brings us to Saturday, which we spent at an art museum with Jorie, our new best pal. Then there was the Ryan Air Experience. Yes, flying Ryan Air is getting is own entry...

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Sarah! This sounds like so much fun! I can't believe you are already meeting Italian boys haha. This post makes me want to watch P.S. I love you so bad.
    You have so many great adventures in store for you. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! Wow, I am so interested in hearing more and more! Hope you are taking lots of pictures. I am sure you are. Can't wait to read up on your next adventures!
    Love you and miss you.
    -Nina

    ReplyDelete