Thursday, June 25, 2009

“When In Rome.”


I don’t even know what to say about my weekend in Rome because it was so amazing. I loved walking nine million miles all over the city. Anywhere else in the world, I would have complained to no end about how far we walked, how hungry I was, how hot it was, how humid it was, how bad my feet hurt, how sticky I felt, how much my back hurt, basically how much my whole body hurt. But nope, I didn’t feel any need (okay, obviously I am pretty sure Kate August and I complained to one another, but not that much. And as much as it sounds like I am complaining here in this blog, wrong. I am just saying how I didn’t complain. Haha.)

Rome was so neat. We walked all the way to Vatican. To those of you that do not know, the Vatican is a nice long walk from the train station, which is what our little hostel was near. Also, if you didn’t know, the Vatican is located in Vatican City, which is its own country. Yup, I went to a different country for the day. Hey, I thought that was neat.

Kate August, Elizabeth Christiano, Tyler Holmes, Mitch Kraemer and I paid the big bucks (not really) to have a tour of the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter’s Basilica. It was amazing. I really cannot describe how blown away I was by everything I saw. It is nearly impossible to explain everything I saw and learned. Yup, I learned a lot on my trip. Maria, our cute little Mexican American tour guide was just simply full of knowledge.

I could talk for hours about all the neat things I learned and saw in Rome. It is nearly impossible to see Rome in a weekend, but we did a pretty good job. I hope to return sometime. Maybe I’ll be smart enough to know that the bus only cost one euro and not be too frugal to pay that one euro.

Sadly, this blog entry does not even begin to explain how great Rome was.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment