Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Next stop: Taupo.

Lake Taupo is New Zealand’s largest lake. The views are amazing. The view from 15,000 feet is probably even better. But unfortunately, I did not sky dive Taupo. It wasn’t in the budget this time around.

I arrived in Taupo mid-day with our small Kiwi Bus. My new travel buddy, Charlotte and I headed to the natural hot springs. They aren’t kidding either. These babies are hot. Natural springs are basically natural hot tubs that run down waterfalls into a pool of water. They are beautiful. We had a relaxing day in the hot springs. Then what better way to end the day, but with a quiz bowl at Mulligan’s Irish pub.
Early the next day we headed back to Auckland. It was a weird feeling t return to the city that it all started in, and it was sad to know that I had to say goodbye yet again to friends that I had made. Paddy was off to South America to volunteer with sea turtle conservation. Jen was flying to the “West Island,” also known as Australia, to caravan with friends. Dan was home to Devon, England.

The next morning I was to hop on yet another Kiwi bus full of travelers like myself. We would travel the North Island and see what we would see.

No comments:

Post a Comment