Monday, January 25, 2010

An Emotional State

Boredom is an emotional state experienced during periods lacking activity or when individuals are uninterested in the activities presented to them, according to wikipedia. Thank you wiki for explaining this emotional state that I find myself in.

I am trying extremely hard to fill my days. Today I went to a class that I am not even enrolled in. Now that says something about my emotional or mental state if nothing else. The class had a guest speaker, a KU grad and advertising guru for a company you may have heard of, Budweiser. He showed us commercials that have yet be aired on television and will be released a some football game, the Superbowl I think it's called. That all in all was pretty sweet. The new commercials were laugh out loud funny.

I'm so bored I finished homework last Thursday that is due tomorrow, Tuesday. So, here I am on a Monday with nothing to do. The KU vs. Mizzou game is tonight, which would have been killer to go to, but nope, I'm not. I don't have tickets to any of the games this year. Plus, the University of Kansas may be easy to get into with a low ACT score or minimal high school GPA, but basketball games are a different story. You must play lottery at 6AM on a weekday and then have a team of people who camp out at the field-house. Meaning for a week or so a person from your team must be present in the field-house nearly 24/7. This camping business is outrageous and honestly I just don't get it. I am bitter and with that said, I will know stop talking about KU basketball.

Tomorrow night should hold some excitement. Hopefully I will be meeting Blake Mycoskie, the founder and owner of TOMS SHOES. He is coming to the Lied Center here at KU and I have tickets! That should be semi interesting. A view other famous journalist are visiting this upcoming month. I look forward to meeting some famous people here and there. Blake's blog.

Life in Lawrence... I am hoping will get a bit more lively for me as time goes on, and if not, Italy is just a plane ticket away. Mom, I am kidding. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. (sniffle).

In all seriousness, it has been good to see old friends and catch up. I thought it would be good coming back familiar things after being out of my element for months on end. However, nothing seems familiar. The campus, the buildings, and the people all seem different. The weather is how I remembered it though - awful, but that's about the only thing that seems the same.

This week marks 15 weeks until Finals week. So, that's only 108 days until Summer. I'm sure I can survive. I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment