Thursday, January 14, 2010

First Day of Classes


First day of class: uncertain how I feel about this. There is this new feeling of excitement to be back to the world of college, but it is also accompanied by the realization that my life is now about due dates and exams.

8AM could not have come any earlier. I had one of those nights where I kept waking up in a slight panic because in the back of my head all I could imagine was over sleeping on the first day. So, I woke up at 2AM to the sound of girls coming in and then again at 5:20 thinking it was 8AM. Then finally the sound of Jack Johnson singing “Better Together” from my Blackberry’s alarm woke me up for good.

Surprisingly, Kansas decided to warm up a bit to a whooping 30+ degrees. It almost felt nice as I walked to class – almost.

Class was class. You sit there and you tell yourself you are listening. Heck, I even took some notes, but really all I was thinking was, “When is this going to be over?” The class may have ended at promptly ten ‘til nine like it is supposed to, but the class has definitely just begun.

There are exactly one hundred and twenty days until the last day of finals, May 14th. Yes, I counted and I will continue counting until it is in fact May 14th, 2010. Until then you can find me walking to and from class pretending to be excited about homework assignments and to do’s.


This is the view from my old dorm room. I love Lawrence and KU's campus, but I do wish the snow would leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment