Monday, August 16, 2010

Update 8.16

I am nearing the end of recruitment. Yes, I am surviving rush. It isn’t all that bad. I’m having good conversations and making friendships with lovely Thetas – all the reasons I joined a sorority in the first place.

This summer I completed six hours of journalism. The classes were hard and not what I expected. I swear to you that someone out there – someone I’d like to find and have a talking to – that said summer school was fun. Lies. Summer school was anything but funny. Before I become Debbie Downer, I will simply say: I am happy to be done. Twelve hours of journalism down and only 18 to go – only. Speaking of classes, fall semester starts in less than four days. FOUR DAYS!

Summer 2010 flew by and I have six measly hours to show from it. No European adventure. No summer camp. No spontaneous road trips. But you know what? That’s okay.

I lived with an awesome girl who is now a dear friend of mine. I went to 3 weddings and celebrated the marriage of three lovely couples with my lovely boyfriend. Yes, I have a boyfriend and have managed to keep him around all summer. I sublet my first apartment. It was in the “student ghetto,” had purple pillars and even came with a cat, Scat the Cat. I loved it. I cooked for myself all the time and didn’t open a packet of instant pasta, Mac n’ Cheese or Ramon: not once!

GREAT NEWS: A spot just opened up in a journalism class that I need to graduate. The class openings website has been my homepage for over two weeks. Just this morning a spot opened up! Thank you God! Now, I have an interesting class schedule; I only have Tuesday/Thursday classes. This will give me a good amount of free time that will be filled with the nine zillion activities I involve myself in. Why I feel the need to sign up for everything plus some? I do not, but that tends to be my norm if not destiny.

Surprisingly, I have no trips planned, but of course, I am never against the spontaneous endeavor away from college.

I hope to take a good hard look at my bucket list and create to a good list of goals for the semester. Once that is completed, and of course, perfected, I will publish it. Hopefully something will trigger something in you or at least make you laugh (maybe roll your eyes to my over-achieving and unrealistic nature). Keep your eyes out for that.

As for now, I will keep my chin up as summer officially ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment