Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hard work pays off

I have amazing news! I earned an A- in Multimedia Reporting (easily, one of the hardest, if not, the hardest class I've taken in my life). I earned a solid A on my last two stories. I've never worked so hard for a class, especially one I disliked a little bit.

Here is my latest story about the University of Kansas' retention rate and graduation rate. This summer I taught myself how to make charts online. I wasn't very good and needed help. Thanks, Alex. Here are the two I made for my retention story.

This summer I also learned how to do Broll, which means putting together a video package story using video. Click here to see my latest video.

I learned a lot from journalism 415: multimedia reporting, but I'd like to never take a class this hard ever again - fat chance. This semester and the semesters to follow will be hard, but I do know how to work hard. I have an A- to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment