Sunday, November 1, 2009

Survived Bungy Jump and Halloween in Queenstown

I think surviving both of those two things all in one day is an accomplishment. I bungy jumped off a 134 meter jump called the Nevis in Queenstown. AJ Hackett invented bungy jumping and I did my jump through the AJ Hackett Bungy Jumping Company. Pretty legit. They have a 100 percent success rate, so that was comforting.

It was the greatest feeling ever. Honestly doesn't feel like I went bungy jumping yesterday. Feels like a dream. I loved it. I want to do it again and again.

Halloween was epic. We wore bright colors and looked silly with face paint. Everyone went out and showed their best dance moves. I had a great time.

Today we ate Subway down by the lake. It was beautiful. Then we went ice skating at an ice rink here in town. To my surprise, I'm awesome! Okay, not awesome, but Im not a bad skater or a bad ice hockey player! There was about ten of us playing a pick up game and then these local guys invited us to a game. So, here we are playing ice hockey with guys who are really good at it. I scored three goals! No joke, I wasn't too shabby. It was a blast. I was nervous I would fall, but I only feel once. Once was enough. I had just scored a goal, so everyone was gathering up in the middle. I look at the guys and saw, "Hey, I have a confession to make. I played ice hockey for four years in high school." They were like are you serious? "No, no Im just kidding. I have never even seen ice hockey played before," and BAM! My feet slip out from under me and I land right on my butt. Everyone burst out laughing because the timing was perfect. I had all attention on me and the game wasn't even being played and BAM I land on my behind. Ouch. It was a really good time.

I am loving Queenstown and I am not quite sure when I am going to leave. As of now, I have a month to make it back up to Auckland, but there is talk about moving my flight to Sydney up a bit. Who knows? I hate making decisions. Most likely, I will be in Christchurch by Thursday at the latest and then I head North from there. Sounds like a good plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment