Wednesday, November 4, 2009

In Christchurch

I left Queenstown on Tuesday, which was hard to do because that town is full of fun people and fun things to do 24/7. Financially and physically I needed to move on though. So, here I am in the quiet city of Christchurch. For New Zealand’s 2nd biggest city, it is decently calm city.

In Queenstown I went bungy jumping, ice skating (where I dominated in ice hockey), on a gondola ride up a mountain and at the top of the mountain a big group of us raced down a luge track. What a great trip! I ate too many Fergburgers and loved every one of them!

Everyone I have been travelling with for the best two weeks is leaving to Australia, Asia or England this weekend. I leave Friday for Kaikora, where I hope to swim with dolphins and go whale watching. Yup, life is hard. In all seriousness though, I am so excited to be moving North again and for my next adventures. I mean really... dolphins and whales...how can I complain? But, I am sad all my new friends are already leaving. Most of them are heading to Oz, where the “weather is hot and I’m in my drop top.” Lucky them.

New Zealand has been warming up slowy, but nothing like Australia. I’m sure I will make all new friends in the North Island. Of course I will, but not after having the same conversation that I have had for the past seven months:

“Where are you from?”
“How long have you been in ________”
“Where were you before _____”
“Where are you going after ______”
“So, how long have you been travelling for?”
“Oh, what’s your name by the way?”
Yup, that’s about it.

I can’t complain though. I love meeting new people. Travelling has been amazing in that sense. However, it’s really nice to feel comfortable with people and be able to be yourself 100 percent. I have been truely blessed because the people I am with now in Christchurch and the some I left in Queenstown are some of the greatest bunch of people. They have been really fun and light-hearted while being extremely considerate and kind. Basically, I have been really lucky thus far.

Oh, I have an announcement. As of now, I have no plans to jump out of things or off of things for a while. I need to stick a little closer to a budget and bungy jumping and jumping out of planes is a bit pricey. Did you hear that everyone? I have no plans to jump out of planes any time soon. Haha. Note that I deliver this news with a saddened heart. I really enjoy jumping out of things. The rush really is unlike anything else I have ever experienced. Plus, when it’s over you are overwhelmed with the fact that you just did something so incredibly insane and lived to tell about.

Well, this is enough for now. I have the day to explore the city. Yesterday we went to the Botanical Gardens and I took a lot of fun photos. Today I think I am going to try to sneak into a rugby stadium, check out an art gallery and a museum. What a fun filled day ahead of me! As usual, life is wonderful and I’m so happy to be doing what I am doing. Wish every one of you could join me on this great adventure. Sending my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment