Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Here I am in Brisbane, Australia trying to find some Americans to cook a turkey dinner with tonight. If all else fails I'm going to celebrate with some Aussies, Germans and English people. Heck everyone should be thankful (and celebrate America! Okay, that might be a stretch for some foreigners. Oh well). I am so freaking Thankful to be doing what I am at this point in my life. I could burst, I'm so thankful. Haha.

I left New Zealand yesterday, which to my surprise was super sad. I mean I knew I loved the country and my time there, but I didn't know I'd feel real sadness leaving it all behind. But I did. However, like most things lately, the sadness lasted about ten min. On the plane I met two great Kiwis. Mom and son who ended up feeding me and housing me my first night here in Brisbane. The world is full of great people.

Now I am waiting to meet up with a friend I met in the Bay of Islands. Life is good.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Know that I am thankful to be here, BUT also equally thankful to have such wonderful people back home to return to. Yes, you heard me correctly, I am returning to the States. No worries, mate.

No worries is exactly right.

No comments:

Post a Comment