Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day Two: Leaving Auckland

I am already on the road once again. After a nice night on the town here in Auckland, I am joining three cute English girls: Polly, Emily and Kelly. We are hiring a car and heading North to the Bay of Islands. It is the top-most part of New Zealand. I pray the weather is a bit better up that way. Here it is still overcast and a bit chilly at best.

I have already met the nicest people here in New Zealand. Yesterday I had a nice cappuccino with a boy from Holland. Last night the girls and I were on quite the little pub crawl visiting some high class places before settling at a hole in the wall focused on accomidating to backpackers. It was a fun place to meet lots of fellow travelers.

Yesterday after the rain ended I was able to see some of this decently big city. It is very busy and modern. I like the feel of the city. With cars zooming past me on the opposite side of the street than I am used to, I have to pay extra attention. This city is neat because there is a beautiful harbor as well as a big forest-type park in the middle of the city. I wasn't able to hike around anywhere, but plan to do so when I have time another time. The people here do not have a distinct look, so it is quite difficult to determine where people are from without speaking with them. I feel as though Kiwi's dress similar to West Coast folks (or should I say blokes), but yet have a much more low key look. I enjoy meeting them all.

Today should be a great day full of a nice 3-hour road trip North and camping out with these new friends of mine. I am happy to have met them already. Especially because I am too young to hire a car myself. Oh the joys of being nineteen. What a wonderful time I am having.

No comments:

Post a Comment