Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day Three: Paihia

Yesterday the girls and I drove up to Paihia where the Bay of Islands are. We had a nice relaxing day at our hostel, Peppertree, which has been an amazing hostel- great people and we have cooked a mean dinner the last two nights.

Today we went to Haruru Falls, where we went on a two hour hike, had a picnic on a golf coure, took many silly pictures, and saw a waterfall.

Last night we watched Hannibal, which is quite a gross film; however, it is filmed in Florence. I was beyond excited about this. Hannibal Lecter is sitting on a bench on the very street that I lived on! He later is on the phone at a pay phone closest to the Gelato place I ate at. Later he is buying a magazine at the very vender that I walked past everyday to go from home to school. He lived above the Hospital of the Innocent and he murders people in the Uffizi. This may all sound so very silly, but I couldn't be happy to see Firenze on TV and know exactly where things are.

Traveling has been an amazing experience. I hope to never stop in all honesty. As always I am already planning my next move.

As for this very instant, I am signing off to join the English girls and some other backpackers for a game of cards. Life is just simply wonderful and even more beautiful here.

Tomorrow we are headed to the Cape Regina, which is the northern-most part of New Zealand. Before we leave we have a 10am snorkeling tour tomorrow morning. What an exciting day planned for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment