Friday, August 28, 2009

The NorCal Adventures coming to an End

Aug 26: We had dinner at BJ's which was amazing. I had a Pizookie and couldn't be happier about. For those of you unfortunate enough to never experienced a Pizookie, it is a pizza-cookie (similar to a cookie cake, but even better topped with ice cream and served warm).

Jess
and I went to the California State Fair in Sacramento with Trevor and his friend, John. I realized it was my first state fair.

My Goal: to see a carnie.
Complete Success: I saw lots.

Jess had me ride a ride with her called the "Orbiter." I laughed so hard I cried. It was the fastest spinning ride I have ever been on and the scariest. I'd like to think I love thrill rides and it takes a lot to scare me, but goodness, this was so scary.

We then spent the night at Trevor's apartment in El Dorado Hills. He was sweet to have us, especially at last moment's notice and because he is in the process to moving to Elk Grove.

Aug 27: Trevor took us to a coffee shop near by for bagels. I had a delicious drink and bagel, which was a good start to our long day that we spent driving to and around San Francisco.

Jess and I checked out Sausalito, a quant coastal little town. Also known as a tourist trap. We met an Italian artist, whom I shared a breif conversation in the beautiful language Italian. I was happy with my rememberance of the wonderful language. We then ate at an Italian Ristorante, Angelino's. This was a disaster, but such a good thing to laugh about now. Jess doesn't like seafood or tomatoes, so this was an interesting situation. Now we know, no Italian.

After Sausalito, we headed to Fisherman's Wharf. We continued to check out tacky sovieners and sweatshirts, which is always a good time. Dinner was my favorite part of the day. I had "award-winning" crab chowder at Blue Mermaid. It was to die for. I want to drive back into the city today to have it again, but sadly, I will not be doing so.

Last night after dinner, we headed to Berkeley to visit more friends. I met David Paul and his good-looking roommates, Jordan and Ryan. It was a grand time. AJ Ludlow joined us at Davis'.

After 7-11 Slurpee's and Guitar Hero, we called it a night and headed to AJ's. Today Jess and I are headed to lunch at Smart Alec's and then headed south for more adventures.

Thank you to AJ and Davis for a wonderful stint in Berkeley. Hope you have a wonderful year in quite the exciting little town.

No comments:

Post a Comment