Wednesday, August 26, 2009

California Dreaming

The last two days have seemed really long and crazy.

Aug 24: Jenna and I drove to Chico to visit her summer staff friends and ours. It was a blast. I really loved Chico State. We saw Missy Scudder at the info fair, which was a wonderful surprise. We had lunch at Woodstock. Yum.

A big group of us when to Bear's for dinner. This was a Chico version of Freestate Brewery. It was quaint and delicious. I had an amazing burger. I even had a bite of a burger that had peanut butter on it. Odd.

I loved Chico. I don't know what I was expecting, but it far exceeding any expectation of mine. I could see myself going there. But, no worries. I am not. However, I hope to visit again soon.

There were at least six of us from my summer staff session together for dinner. Ben Fisher, Ryan, Robby, Laura, Jenna, Karla and I were there with a few other Young Lifers. It was good to be back in civilization but be surrounded by Woodleaf people.

We stayed at Robby's place. Robby and Laura are the greatest couple. Love them both. Also, in love with Robby's roomies. He lives with three girls. How tight. What a wonderful time we had. The Grap twins and Tab hung out with us, too. Good times.

Yesterday, Aug 25: Last night we had a lovely dinner at the Eastways in downtown Sac that turned into some of the guests worst nightmare as some of us suffered from a possible food poisoning. Luckily, I am fine and dandy. Thank the Lord.

Jenna and I had a late night adventure driving to and from Andi's and the Eastway's.

I am in Sacramento now. Well, technically Elk Grove a southern suburb. Jess and I are planning on chilling out today then joining Trevor to the California State Fair. Tomorrow the plan is to check out San Francisco.

Oh, BIG NEWS - I hope that the saying "Blondes Have More Fun," isn't true because, yes, I, Sarah Weaver, now have brown hair. Hopefully, brunette's have fun too. I'm sure I will.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment