Tuesday, May 19, 2009

my trip to Iowa

The Omaha Zoo
What a trip. I drove to Griswold, Iowa yesterday to visit all my grandparents and then chaperone a field trip to the zoo today. The drive to Iowa was great and then awful. I was enjoying myself listening to Elizabeth Gilbert talk about her love for Italy in her novel Eat, Pray, Love. Yes, I listen to books on tape sometimes. Then before I knew what hit me (literally), I was in between two trucks from Colorado on I80 outside of Council Bluffs.

I am okay. Everyone is okay. My poor car is alright... I will need new bumpers considering their is a
hole in the front one. It was not the best way to start off my little trip. All in all, I am really lucky. It was the guy who hit me from behind's fault and I won't be needing my car fixed right away since I am leaving the States for at least six weeks. So, it stinks, but could be much worse. I would know.

The zoo was so fun! I now want to feed the sharks at the zoo or be an elementary school teacher when I grow up. Being in Iowa and visiting all my grandparents truely has been a blessing. They are all so great. I am lucky.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are ok. Truly great pictures.
    You would make a FABULOUS teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching is in the family.... it is hard to outrun destiny. Can't wait to track all your future adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yesss i get my own time zone

    ReplyDelete