Sunday, May 17, 2009

the blogging begins

Summer '09 is going to such an epic summer.
Here is my life in a nutshell. Now I am home at my parents in Overland Park. I leave tomorrow to visit my grandparents in Iowa. Tuesday I am heading to the Omaha Zoo with my Grandma Betty and some kiddos as a chaperon for the elementary school field trip.
Wednesday through Monday I will packing up my life and preparing for my departure to Europe. So if you are in OP come visit me!
Monday, May 25th I am heading to Chicago with Natalie Butters who was gracious enough to let me accompany her on her drive home.
Wednesday, May 27th I fly from Chicago to Dublin. I will be vacationing with three other KU students there until late Saturday night May 30th when we fly to Pisa, Italy. We then need to make our way to Florence on Sunday to meet our host families and be at the Duomo by 6 p.m.
May 31st to June 26th I will be living with an Italian woman only a 5min walk from our school. I will be taking Italian classes through KU while I am there.
Here is the mailing address for when I am in Florence May 31st through June 26th. Please please send me some love in forms of letters, cards, packages, presents, cash, checks, etc. (I am kidding, a letter will be just fine). I will be sure to send you an amazing postcard from abroad.

Sarah Weaver
Centro Linguistico Italiano “Dante Alighieri”
Piazza della Repubblica 5
50123 Firenze, Italy

After June 26th I am heading to visit Viktoria Torssell in Sweden and then Denmark. After visiting her, I plan to backpack Europe. As of now, I have no plans other than
to see all that I can see. Tentativily, I plan to head back to the States for August and September.

As for the fall, I have exciting news that never gets old to talk abot it. I am going to Bible School in New Zealand from Oct 12-Nov 20. It is an ABS program through Capernwray Bible School. Check out their website. It is incredible. Here are pictures!
I will be taking the semester off from KU to go to Capernwray. I will miss my friends, Lawrence, DoCo Young Life, Kappa Alpha Theta, basically just KU and its awesomeness. However, I will be back at KU in the spring.

Well this was a lot of information. Feel free to e-mail me anytime at sarahdweaver@gmail.com. I would love to hear from everyone. Tell me about your lives and summer plans. Oh and Skype Me!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. it sounds like your gonna be busy for awhile! ill see ya when you come back...whenever that is, anyways stay cool whatever you do in life and if ya change change for the better! anyways it was real kickin it with you in italian next time we talk it will be in all fluent Italiano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah-- I hope you have an amazing summer! It's crazy to think that we are already going out in the world! But have a blast, meet great people, and enjoy every second of this incredible opportunity! Stay in touch and let me know how everything goes! Bon voyage!

    peace&love,
    megan ritter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog. I am so excited for you. I hope you have a wonderful time. This is your time. Your time to explore and see everything you want. Enjoy and savour every moment.
    Love ya,
    Kari
    ps: you can follow our family blog to keep up with our family if you like. Take a little piece of home with you..:) I will try to be good about updating it more often.

    ReplyDelete